Social Media, Research and Outreach Coordinator
Number of positions available: 3
Application Deadline: May 28, 2021
Start Date: June 7, 2021
Hours of Work: 20 hours/week
Duration: 23 Weeks
Abuse Never Becomes Us (A.N.B.U) is a registered charity organization that works with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) within the Tamil community and aims to respond to sexual violence through culturally and linguistically appropriate programs and services. Our mandate is to provide holistic support to promote healing with survivors as well as raise awareness and build capacity through collaborations and partnerships with the community. ANBU is seeking youth to assist our organization with social media, research and outreach projects during the summer.
– Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) on ANBU’s social media platforms to build meaningful connections and encourage community members to take action.
– Build and execute social media strategy by establishing long-range objectives and specify the actions to achieve them through platform and audience research.
– Conduct literature review on various aspects of childhood sexual abuse and disseminate information on research findings.
– Gather information and create virtual presentations on Childhood Sexual Abuse for the general public, government departments, community organizations, schools and other groups.
– Participate in team meetings. present content for review and incorporate feedback into social media content.
Prerequisites and Preferred Experiences:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience or knowledge in communications, digital media, psychology, social science or other related fields.
– A solid understanding of social media platforms, and experience with social media content strategies to optimize engagement.
– Experience conducting literature reviews.
– Agency or non-profit organization experience is a plus.
– Ability to make community connections and cultivate strong partnerships.
– Proficient in PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs
– Experience with broadcast email platforms, news release distribution/media list management platforms (ex. MailChimp), and media monitoring platforms.
– Experience using Google and other analytic tools to measure traffic, reach and impact of website and social channels.
– An understanding of the complex layers of cultural and historical trauma as well as various healing modalities used within the Tamil diaspora community.
– Excellent organizational skills, ability to think logically, and pay close attention to details.
– Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, writing and editing skills), including the ability to synthesize detailed information into short headlines and text blurbs for digital media.
– Ability to work well under time constraints, willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility where and when needed, flexibility to change approach as deemed appropriate.
– Self-driven and able to work remotely with regular check-ins with Supervisor.
– Able to work within a team setting with confidence and reliability.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter by May 28, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority will be given to those from the Tamil diasporic, racialized as well as LGBTQ2+ communities.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.